March1, 2016 is the deadline for the Yemen to get registered for Temporary Protected Status (TPS).The TPS designation for Yemen runs from September 3, 2015, through March 3, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for Registration:
To get registered with TPS, you must validate all eligibility criteria. This includes:
- You must undergo security checks if you are 14 years old or older
- It also includes that, you have been “continuously residing” and “continuously physically present” in the United States since September 3, 2015.
- Person with criminal records are not eligible for TPS
To get registered for TPS, You must submit the following forms:
- Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status.
- If you are more than 14years then biometric services fee applies.
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, regardless of whether you want an employment authorization document (EAD).
- The Form I-765 application fee or a fee-waiver request, but only if you want an EAD. No application fee is required if you don’t want an EAD.
- There is no Form I-765 fee for initial applicants under the age of 14 or 66 years of age and over.
If you cannot pay the fee, you can submit a written request. However, you must file Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver. TPS application will be rejected, if you do not submit the required filing fees or a properly documented fee-waiver request.