USCIS intends to discontinue its legacy e-Filing system so that it can focus its resources on the replacement Electronic Immigration System. This legacy system offered online filing for numerous USCIS forms. After the decommissioning of the legacy e-Filing system, you will be required to use paper forms when filing all categories of the following forms:
- Form I-131, the Application for Travel Document
- Form I-140, the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
- Form I-765, the Application for Employment Authorization
- Form I-821, the Application for Temporary Protected Status
- Form I-907, the Request for Premium Processing Service
The last day you may start a new form in the e-Filing system is August 30. All forms must be completed and submitted online by September 20. Cases pending that were submitted through the legacy e-Filing system will not require any action on your part.